Asking students to complete a virtual lab or simulation experience can accomplish a variety of learning goals.
- Students can work alone or in a team in an active learning environment.
- Virtual labs and simulations allow students to work through real-life case studies, interact with lab equipment, perform experiments, and learn with theory and quiz questions.
- Students can explore and look inside objects they are operating through animation.
- Students can explore, experiment, and learn with endless options!
- Virtual labs and simulations can substitute for learning experiences that are not possible to recreate in the classroom due to constraints on time and/or materials.
- By working together in a virtual lab or simulations, students can apply course concepts to new situations and contexts, as well as develop data analysis skills.