Focus EduVation seeks US-based Subject Matter Experts [SMEs] with knowledge in Applied Mathematics for Science and Engineering. Individuals with Masters in Engineering with a passion for Math, Science and Engineering may apply.
The SME is expected to create content based on the provided syllabus that covers:
Numerical solutions of nonlinear equations – Topics in applied mathematics to be selected from series solution of ordinary differential equations including a treatment of the higher functions; Legendre polynomials, Bessel functions, Laguerre and Hermite polynomials, the Hypergeometric function; Sturm-Liouville problems; orthogonality; eigenfunction expansions and the generalized Fourier Series; solution of partial differential equations of physics and engineering; Fourier, Laplace, and other integral transforms; first-order PDE systems via characteristics; special functions.
This is a 1099 opportunity.
Qualification & Experience:
- Masters Degree
- Experience in preparing Academic content on the mentioned topics for Universities/Higher Education
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiently compute power series and frobenius series solutions to linear, second-order ordinary differential equations
- Apply the method of separation of variables to obtain solutions to partial differential equations, when appropriate
- Manipulate and compute a series of orthogonal functions
- Apply uniform convergence of series of functions and integrals
- State and apply the main theorems of sturm—liouville theory
- Use the gamma and bessel functions to compute closed-form expressions for integrals and solutions to differential equations, respectively, when appropriate
- Solve the (generalized) legendre equation and work with legendre polynomials and higher legendre functions
- Compute Fourier transforms and use them to solve (partial) differential equations